06 January, 2019

What is in a look!


This cat who is a regular visitor in our courtyard and house if given a chance, spends most of the time in different places in our property!

When I come face to face with her, she would sit and gauge my response.

We have sometimes long sustained exchanging look!

I am fond of cats, but I am also disturbed by their intrusion!

I have both these emotions when I reciprocate to the look of the cat.

I get a sense that the cat too senses a hesitancy within me from my body  language!

All of these happen in silence.

The cat perceives all of it correctly!

What is awful is that ,sometimes what  we say and our body language do not match!

Some of us get used to this dichotomy and make it our way. Appear polite when one is burning inside with an opposite feeling!

I struggle with it myself!

To be honest with oneself and with each other is a journey in itself!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment