11 January, 2019

Between 24 hours!



Yesterday, I notice a male Magpie Robin singing its birdsong loud an in good tune. It reappeared around the same time in the morning today.

Soon a female Magpie Robin appeared (second Photo) and was perched close by. 

My photographic skill limitation could not get both the Robins in sharp focus with my telephoto lens. 

However the third picture is that of the female Magpie Robin whom I watched being together with the male one for a while.

The female Robing was in no mood for its reciprocal bird song. The male Robin flew away leaving the female one alone and did not reappear till I left the scene. 

This is true of at least some species of the avians-the male rejects the female which arrives in response to the birdsong!

I think that the final story of these two Robins would unfold during the  next tow days.

Is it not a privilege to watch these romantic journey of the avians! Thanks to the telephoto lenses and the camera!

It is worth all the effort and time to explore nature! It is fascinating leisure time activity!


M.C.Mathew ( text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment