08 January, 2019

A purplrerumped sunbird on a broken stem !




I feel intrigued by the locations, the birds choose to rest during their flight ! It is the bird song that drew my attention to this sparrow far in the distance high in the sky!

I have lived with a question within me for the last few weeks since I have been through some difficulties related to some repair work in the property: do I live self absorbed or stay connected!

It is the birdsong which connects a bird to other avians.

What is that which make us stay connected with others!

It is personal conversations and doing acts of kindness to others!

Yesterday, someone with whom I have infrequent contacts sent me a mail to enquire of my wellness! 

It is the new year time. It is a good time to reach out to others! 

Two senior friends, well into their late eighties, one form the United Kingdom and the other from Australia, sent handwritten letters to greet Anna and myself for the new year!

We were surprised and touched!

Life is meaningful only when we stay connected with others, who are known or unknown to us!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment