13 January, 2019

A male singing Koel !





I heard the distinct birdsong early in the morning. It was still faintly dark. I waited near the site form the birdsong was regularly heard.

Later when the sun-rays brightened the tree tops, I could find this black bird with yellowish bill and crimson eyes. It was a male Koel.

For a while I stayed around the site to see fi a female Koel would appear. The females are spotted and therefore easy to identify.

 I shall look out and keep a track on this Koel. Usually they reappear in the same site!

The avian world is rich and colourful and reminds us of the grace of God in nature!

Anna and I feel blessed to have so many birds visit us each day, sometimes in the morning and evening  regular!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment