08 January, 2019

A pair of Red Whiskered Bulbul !


I have noticed a few Red Whiskered Bulbuls around our cottage during the week. 

Today I noticed early in the morning  a pair, hardly visible due to mist. It its birdsong that took me in that direction. 

Yes, it is the mating season and it looks like that they found each other.  

What I found out about this species of Bulbul that aroused my interest is that the male and female share parenting 'duties'. It is not a universal pattern for the avians. 

I am glad that even birds practice co-parenting .

A lesson for all of us humans, that co-parenting is an art and pattern that need more exploration and demonstration!

In a home that I know well,  it is the husband who attends to the baby except when she needs breast feeding !  What an example of equal involvement!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment