25 September, 2018

The hanging keys!


I happened to be sitting next to a cupboard in a meeting hall, where this bunch of keys was hanging on the closed door of the cupboard! The keys kept moving in the wind, which is what kept me returning to look at it.

A bunch of keys represents the access into closed spaces.  

I realised that there are closed spaces inside and outside. 

I kept thinking about the closed spaces within me. 

Earlier that day, I received a telephone call from someone with whom I have had a close association for  a while, but the relationship became difficult due to different perspectives related to some matters  of an organisation, in which both of us were involved.  

As for me, my inner space was partially closed on account of the intense disagreement. When this person took the initiative to call, I realised that he was opening the inner space by his act of kindness, to which I responded by an instant mail! 

We carry keys to open! Let us not keep them away from accessing the closed space!

This to me is a challenge! During my training in dispute resolution, one practitioner of alternate dispute resolution, who was the resource person said, 'The function of the keys is to open. It is the keeper of the keys who has to use them to open'!

This sighting of the keys has been a revealing experience to me!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment