25 September, 2018

Sound and smell !



Anna and I get up listening to the chirping of birds and smelling the fragrance of the jasmine flowers in our courtyard.

How life is provided for abundantly, for which we do not labour or go after!

Yesterday, I went to the Regional Traffic Office at Muvattupuzha just before it was to close to collect my renewal of the driving licence. I expected to be told to come another day. But the person at the counter smiled and responded to my apology of being late by saying, 'we want to help as much as we can'! I came away surprised and satisfied by the service I received. 

That made me to go back to the various events of the day... I was able to recollect sixteen occasions of kindness I received mostly from strangers. One surprising thing in the morning was a truck driving waiting at a junction to give me the right of way! A truck driver doing this!

In the midst of complaints we have about many things, one can almost miss the several acts of kindness we receive. 

That encourages us to be kind more than we normally are.. Acts of kindness are seeds of goodness that whirl bear fruits.  

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment