02 September, 2018

Post flood responses- newspaper reports!





I feel the newspapers bring a new quality to their reporting on human responses to the flood relief! I come across scores of photographs which tell us about the humane spirit that has been awakened in a salutary way among all sections of people!

I was asked the other day, whether I was willing to copy notes for children who lost their note books, if there is a need!

A group of students form our college even proposed home visits to keep in touch with those who have returned to their homes from relief camps!

To me this is a discovery of a surprising aspect of the people in Kerala, who were often referred to as self absorbed people in materialistic pursuit!

Humans are those who care, when there is a need and opportunity!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment