02 September, 2018

Car and Camera !



I am still struggling to find for myself, the place I offer for car and camera among my interests!

The present car we own now is the 13 th car, since I started driving in 1985, covering nearly six hundred thousand kilometres ! Every time Maruti brings out a new car, I feel like to look for its features!  I wonder why cars receive my attention! It might be because of my pleasure to drive! I have  an interest to observe human living, behaviour and responses to opportunities. So travelling by road is the best way to sty in touch with people! Anna from the early days, when we used to travel in the car with our children, when they were young, made efforts to read aloud interesting stories or call our attention to sights, scenes or play car games! Those memories stay on! Anna would read aloud even now while we travel in the car!

Since I had the from camera in 1981, I have had a dozen or so compact cameras of Canon, Olympus and Nikon. I moved to digital in 1998. I moved on to SLR in 1999 and and is currently on mirrorless generation of cameras. I have kept all the cameras although only the ones I regularly use are alone in working condition! I have recently reflected on this interest in camera and photography! It was when I started photographing children and nature I got enthused to make them as my learning resource. With about thirty thousand of pictures of children and nature of sights, scenes, birds, flowers, landscapes, etc I have them as my resource to feel connected with the environment and experiences. 

I have often been asked  about my interests for car and camera! 

Driving cars and photography are more than just passion. 

The experiences from travel and photography have been formative in my life!

I have had to discern whether these interests were just fancy or essential for inner enlargement!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment