27 October, 2019

From fabric to Table clothes!




I stood watching in a state of utter surprise and delight, when Shanthi and Susan showed me yesterday what they designed and stitched-  two table clothes of different sizes from the fabric Susan gathered a few days back. Both the table clothes looked elegant, rich in colour and immensely impressive of its craftsmanship. This was done during the in between times of their regular work. 

Following this, I watched this lit candle on the central table, in preparation for our weekly meeting for de-briefing. The candle was handcrafted in the department during the Christmas cheer preparation in 2018.

I feel amazed at the creative skills all of my colleagues are endowed with which they bring out for the common good on different occasions. It is a joy to belong to an ambience where creative expressions are spontaneous!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment