08 October, 2019

Butterflies, dragonflies anda caterpillar !











I was surprised all these during the morning walk today in our garden! To know that all these small beings visit or live in our garden was fascinating.

Walk to look and take in is a message that came to me from this experience.

A nature walk is different from a walk for exercise or meditation.

In a nature walk, the sense of curiosity and observation is what would lead to discoveries and cues about the surprising events taking place all around us.

The caterpillar about 12 cms long is a species I had not noticed earlier. I could not find a match for it in google search!

I have noticed a giant yellow butterfly recently, larger than a bat. I wonder whether it belongs ot that species!

No wonder environmentalists is constantly telling us that nature is a treasure house. Preserve it for posterity!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment