01 October, 2019

Enough for us and them !


I have been through a desert experience for the last two months with an irregular heart rate , recurrence of backache and keratitis in the eye. The usual health care tips did not seem to help and I have wondered whether they are alarm signals about my wellness physically.
It was around the same time I noticed that rose flowers droop and loose their petals earlier than how it used to be earlier in our garden, probably due to the heavy rains and windy spells. I wanted to save the roses from premature loss of life by having flowers in vases, one vase at home and one in the room where I welcome children in the department at work.
Every time I go to gather flowers from the garden, I found that there were enough flowers for two vases in spite of invasion of grass hoppers,  honey sucking insects and some butterflies who thrive on tender buds of rose buds. 




 I lost many rose buds and flowers to them but I got enough to fill the vases every time I went out to gather the flowers during these weeks.

The people of Israel during their pilgrim journey was promised Manna on six days of the week and each person could gather enough for each day. What was gathered for the next day got spoiled. 
I did not have to be anxious about grass hoppers and insects eating away the leaves and buds of the rose bush, as there was enough and plenty for two vases every time I went out looking for flowers.
One  advantage of this action plan  for 'normal life span' for rose buds and flowers, I believe I have an upper hand over the invaders. Now that flowers are picked regularly, the insect invaders do not have much to feed on. So it looks like their number has decreased.




There can be pressure of all sorts that might come upon all of us. 
Instead of fighting them, it might be a good idea to look at options to feel free from the effect of pressure .
Amidst a difficult season of coping with health challenges, one encouraging experience was a quiet confidence that, living one day at a time is better than feeling pressured by circumstances.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment