29 October, 2019

Hanging drops!



Even after fifteen minutes these water drops hanging form the guava fruits did not fall to the ground ! I lost my patience and moved on to continue my walk. Even after the third round of walk, these drops were still hanging!

It is a precarious existence for the water drops. Any movement would make the water drops fall off the fruits.

In fact I came across two teenagers during this week, a boy and a girl who were holding on desperately and trust fully to restore relationship with their fathers. One of the fathers I spoke did not indicate as much of longing for renewal of relationship as the son had. I felt moved by the hopeful waiting of the two teenagers of a new dawn in their lives,

That is what I felt at the end of consultations with five families yesterday. Each of them was holding on to their heavily burdened situations that a small event would be enough to cause an emotional disaster to them. 

I noticed how my colleagues were deliberately stretching themselves to be protective of the families to support them while they are holding on precariously!

The hurting people hold on because they trust and anticipate in a better future.

To be companions to hurting people is the calling of the caring profession!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment