23 June, 2019

The choral group!




The tree in this photo is about fifty meters away from the entrance to our cottage and is tall by about fifty meters. The top part of the tree has been dry without leaves for a year now. It was probably damaged when lighting struck. 

 It is this tree I turn to around 6.30 in the morning. Three or more small birds spend about ten minutes on this tree during their flight path, almost every morning even on rainy days. Their bird songs are crisp and is a melody to my soul. So whenever possible I look out for them and   receive their singing.

I have no means to thank them for their faithful service. The wood cutter who came to trim some trees suggested that the dry part of this tree also be trimmed. I refrained him from doing so in appreciation for  the small avian friends who visit us and sing to us each day!

I feel good that that these sunbirds feel at home on this tree!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment