30 June, 2019

Single and singing !







Often we notice single birds! The three birds above sing their bird call. It is the bird call that alerted me to look for their presence ! They were not visible but only audible initially! So it look a while for me to find an access to capture them with my lens.

These birds use the bird calls to look for their partners.  During this period they pass through several wooded areas crossing long distances. 

It is not a pleasant sight to watch these single birds move about in the garden. They carry a body language of desperation!

For many birds, this period is the nesting season. 

Only on two occasions during the last seven years, I located nests of birds in our garden. On both those occasions, the nests were of mina birds. 

As the onus is on the male birds to find their pair, their bird calls are most tuneful. The bird calls resound in our garden almost all the day. That is how I locate some of them. It is an added pleasure if I can access them for a photograph!

A bird photographer told me recently that only after thousands of photographs of birds, one gets the knack of getting good photographs. I am no where near that prospects. I know that none of the three photos in this blog is of that high standard! But the interest to spot and take photos of them continue to fascinate me!



M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment