30 June, 2019

Human behaviour!




Except the rose buds and leaves, the other flowers or fruits do not have the same pattern of retaining water droplets on the surface of leaves or fruits after a downpour. This amazed one once again this morning.

I listened to a debate on ND TV today on how different political leaders speak about their opponents in adverse circumstances. There is a five hundred percent increase in hate speech in the last five years most of which come from high the ranking political leaders, serving in the government. 

It raises questions about how we regard others. 

Just as there is something in the leaf and bud structure of the rose plant because of which they retain water on their surface, so it is with those of us who carry a reactive behaviour response towards others even with least provocation. 

It is when I feel pressured with multiple disturbing events, I become reactive. When such instances occur, it calls for internal exercise of composure. Because I have been helped by my mentors, I have chosen an option of keeping silent, when provoked and protect the inner composure. Although I fail often, when the inner composure was possible, such occasions saved me from the anguish of an outburst. 

It is from within we react. Our reaction is our responsibility. We can let other's words escape our attention when it is spoken in malice or to intimidate rather than react. 

What makes our lives resonate with meaning and hope is our anchor in a way of life which we chose! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment