23 June, 2019

The landing!


Thanks to the facility in the camera for multiple exposures!

It was interesting to notice how the butterfly reaches to the flower. It slows down and moves to rest on a flower. Although all of this happen quickly for our eyes to observe, the sequential photos help to capture this in slow motion.

The butterfly comes searching for its feed, which it does in a measured way.

In our relationships with others, what defines the quality and trust in relationships is this dimension of how we regard or respect the other person!

We can do this in several ways.

One particular way, I observed Professor Ken Holt, an outstanding Developmental Neurologist at Wofson Centre, Children's hospital, Great Ormond street, London  did was to get up from his seat to welcome anyone who came to his room. He told me in a conversation that it was others who brought significance to our lives. So he practiced honouring them because they have made him to be what he had become. 

I struggle with this all the time! I get carried and lose sight of honouring others as I ought! To see in their eyes hopes and expectations and make them feel well received and treated is the least that I can do in my daily work! 

The gentle way the butterfly rested on the flower made a deep impression upon me about good practices in relationship! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment