19 June, 2019

Get Wet Zone


While watching this Wet Get Zone, where people gather to get drenched with the splash of the boat reaching down at a great speed form height, I was fascinated by this concept. Those who get wet seemed happy and hilarious. People seemed to come to this part of the amusement park just for this experience. Getting Wet for fun!

The metaphor of this is getting immersed in a situation. 

In every situation of human need there are who are observers, commentators and onlookers. But there is a small number who 'dirty' their hands to make a difference. 

A batch of medical students, in the college where Anna and I work got involved to make two contributions- renovated the park in the hospital campus and start a reading room section in the library with a good stock of non-medical books. I met the college union secretary yesterday briefly, who told me about the progress they made because they resolved to do something useful. 

This inspired me to do something for the common good in the place where I work, which I ordinarily do not do, at the end of which I felt good and fulfilled. 

Make a difference; get involved when there is an opportunity and think of others. It is a message that came to me afresh yesterday!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment