21 June, 2019

A butterfly in 360 degrees !





I was glad to watch this black butterfly move around on the flowers 360 degrees.

It is thick black on its wings outside and slightly brownish inside the wings.

I was spotting this combination in a butterfly after a while.

What was fascinating was its way of movement in an elegant way, slowly and purposefully!

Does a fluttering butterfly have the ability for smooth and graceful movements!  

Movement is a sign of progress. Movement is a transition form one position to another. Movement is also a way of adjusting to circumstances. 

All of these could be true of this butterfly. 

But what is noteworthy is that the butterfly does not cause any disruption to the lantana flowers while doing all the movement on them. The lantana flowers are fragile and are loosely arranged in the flower. Not one petal falls of after such a movement. The butterflies receives  honey frrm the flower and leaves the flower unharmed.

It is a lesson of considerable significance in life. The butterfly does not use the flower for its advantage unmindfully.

I have had this lingering question in my mind for a while. How do I use others! Do I leave them exasperated or nourished!

It occurred to me recently that it is a good practice to behave to others as if it is the last time I have an opportunity!

As I draw close to the end of another year in the seventh decade of my life, I take time to reflect on the strands that form the fabric of my behaviour towards others! Life is well lived only when others are in full focus, neighbours and strangers alike!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)  


No comments:

Post a Comment