12 June, 2019

Check-in-counter!


What happens in a check-in-counter at the air port can be an easy transition for security check or a disturbing news that flight is delayed!

During recent travel, I sensed the impact of delayed flight. The passenger in front one would lose his international connection and looked most disturbed. He was travelling to make a presentation and he was likely to miss the opportunity!

This is when, I was reminded of the teaching in management training of having a 'Plan B'!

So as humans we have plan A, plan B or sometimes even plan C!

We are likely to be driven to be survivors! 

What if we are a loser in spite of all plans! 

Yesterday, I had a sense of this while talking to an accomplished professional health care administrator! What matter in the final analysis, is the financial balance sheet, in the present dispensation in health care institutions! 

Following this conversation, as I was walking back, one retired nurse stopped me to enquire from me whether I was in touch with Dr. K.C.Mammen, the founder medical director of the institution. The last conversation I had with him was a few weeks back when he mentioned to me that he was looking forward to my visit. 

The nurse told me that it was the habit of Dr Mammen to enquire of the wellness of each member of the team before he started the morning ward rounds or chaired a meeting. She was a nurse who developed kidney complications following her illness and her plans for her future and for her family collapsed. She did not have resources to go for an expensive treatment. Dr Mammen facilitated her treatment and helped the family survive the adverse circumstances. At her late seventy years now, she was looking back, and said to me, 'Our plans can fail; but God shall provide...'!  

'God shall provide..' is a promise of hope! 

We encounter many bad news... they look bad. Most of them have something good concealed in what apparently looks bad. 

This passenger who was likely to loose the international connection was able to re route his travel by another airline at no extra cost and make it for the meeting. He sounded surprised the way the an airline officer went out of his way to help him!

There is a way beyond our our disappointments!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 


No comments:

Post a Comment