11 November, 2018

The Moon is 'Oval' !



Every morning I got up I looked at the moon and took its photo on some days during the last two weeks.

As I have been looking at the photos, I have watched all the stages of the appearance of the moon.

At one time, the mon looked oval. So what if I concluded that 'moon is oval' ! That would be a terribly silly conclusion!

And yet, that is what happens in our conversations. We have formed our opinions and conclusions on many matters without staying open to a dialogue which can revise our opinion to get a better glimpse of the different shades of opinion. 

Having been a chairman of seven organisations and having had to chair the governing board meetings, I felt privileged to attempt to integrate different opinions to help in arriving the consensus. Although it was not possible, an IAS officer and IES officer mentioned to me in response to my farewell letter to them, when I relinquished my responsibility from a governing board recently, that 'your efforts to bring cohesion to different opinions and value them' helped in enlarging the perspective. 

None of us has the whole picture in sight! It is by listening, reading, and dialoguing we get to sense the truth which is sometimes remain beyond all the opinions. 

Let us be sober when we have an opinion. Let us seek for other opinions. That is the way we become truth seekers!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment