25 November, 2018

In search of Food!




It was the first time during this season, I sighted a White Ibis in the farmland in front of our house.

It was immediately after the dawn I happened sight the bird! I kept waiting to note its activity in the field.

It was looking for its feed.

During the next few minutes it had explored most of the field and flew away!

It might have a hopping morning flight schedule.

As this is its nesting season, I walked around the marshy field, looking at the trees if there was a nest that I can spot!

It is a silent bird, except for its ventriloquial grunts uttered when nesting.

Discovering this aspect of its silence without a regular bird song, from The Book of Indian Birds, by Salim Ali, 12 th edition was a surprise for me.

So, a bird lives silently except when it is nesting!

This gives a new understanding about silence- Life needs its rhythm of song and silence!

I am discovering the alertness silence brings, while listening to others!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment