05 November, 2018

Waiting in hope!


Every time I find a branch in the rose plants in our garden with new buds, I have a sense of anticipation. Not all buds blossom into flowers as there are moths that eat and survive on the buds. Although there is a temptation to use insecticides, we have so far refrained from using them. 

What happens when our hope is shattered!

This is the story I hear form parents when they come for consultation! Their lives are broken and sometimes barren as the circumstances have brought stress and disappointment in their lives.

Every time I examine a child who is neuro-developmentally challenged, I too have this sense of loss within me. That child was prevented from his her fullness of life because of what happened during foetal life or at birth or thereafter. 

And yet, it is an occasion to bring hope an cheer to such families, through some small things we can do for them to make it easier for the child, siblings and parents.

A comment I heard on Saturday is a pointer to this reality:"Every time we visit the department, we get enthused to keep our hopes alive"!

The hope is not about the future alone but is also about the NOW.

What is experienced now alone can grow within us to give us steadfastness in living!

Every little act of kindness we can do is able to be 'hope-giving' to someone. 

It is when we live relationally, the experience of hope becomes an imminent reality! And it is this that is difficult for most of us! I live with the pain of broken relationships with a few people. And yet, it is with hope I wait for them to be restored!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 


No comments:

Post a Comment