11 November, 2018

A relay!



It is good to see the relay in nature!

The buds are ready to blossom by the time the open flower shall fade away!

I have been looking at this process of relay in the life of organisations. 

One organisation, where I watched the 'leadership relay' is in the Christian Fellowship Hospital, Oddanchatram.  

During my first visit to that hospital in 1968, I noticed that the leadership of the hospital changed every four years, which to me was an eye opener to the process of leadership development. 

This pattern of rotating leadership among senior people is becoming a pattern in some hospitals. 

The short term of three and half years that Jesus spent with his immediate followers resulted in the disciples being enabled to create history of considerable sequence!

Those whom we think are 'not able enough' for leadership positions would surprise us if we accompany them and affirm their abilities.

As I look back at people whom I handed over my responsibilities in the few instances, they exceeded my expectations. 

It starts by trusting others, creating space for others and allowing their creativity and originality to flourish! 

Practice Leadership Relay!

No comments:

Post a Comment