06 November, 2018

Dew on leaves, flowers and buds!









Anna and I are fond of plants and flowers. We have a variety of them in our garden. 

When the night temperature drops commencing from November, there is a new look of leaves, flowers and buds, because the dew drops grant them an elegant look! They are naturally visually captivating. But with the dew on them, there is a striking and enchanting look!

The dew provides that additional charm !

I had an unusual experience couple of days back at work.  A colleague of mine suggested that, I take a break earlier than I usually do at lunch time ! I was touched by this thoughtful comment! I felt encouraged that someone thought about my wellness. I am overwhelmed normally by the goodwill my colleagues show towards me. When something more than the usual happens, one is certainly overcome by gratitude!

There are graces and acts of kindness that we can show to each other, to make the already  existing relationships more refreshing and upbuilding. 

Even without the dew, the leaves, flowers and buds are special. With the dew on them, they become a visual feast. 

This to me is a calling- the kindness of the widow woman of Zarephath, who baked bread for the prophet Elijah, when no flour or oil was left in her jars, beyond what was needed for her and her son, during the  season of a famine (I kings 17:7-16) ! She would have been well justified and thought to be right, if she had declined the request of Elijah to make him the bread first! Instead, she reached out to him first.

Doing something more is not ordinary for most of us. We do just enough or less than that !

Doing more for others is the way of life, we see in the gospel stories in the New Testament of the Bible.

That is how we make relationships even more enriching and thoughtful!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment