05 March, 2021

The strength of presence and silence!



As gathered these two flowers from our garden to keep them in the vase on the table at my work place, I knew that they would fully blossom in two days and be present for two or three days in the vase.  

During the time they are present in the vase, they fulfil a purpose. Whether they remained in the plant or in a vase, they have a short life. During their short life, they enchant a beholder!

I keep dwelling on this theme- the strength to be present in every situation and be like a flower giving away what it can!

I have returned to think about this calling to be present, several times in the last few months. To be fully present is the only way through which one shares life even in difficult situations!

The flowers are silently present. I feel that I have been talkative more out of grief and sorrow. Now that too has to change. 

The strength of presence is also through its silence. 

It is silence which makes the presence solemn and creates space for others to be themselves!

It is when one can be silent, one is truly in serving and listening roles!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment