20 March, 2021

On the Saturday morning!












Anna's efforts to give attention to the flower garden is already yielding good results. Almost every plant has a flower. That is what we expect during the spring. But it is unlike the last year. To me it is the result of the extra attention these plants received from Anna. She even enthused our domestic helper to be  plant lover.

For me it has been an experience of encouragement and hope. 

As I faced a storm in the work place where I work, which paralysed me and stalled the direction we were to take during the COVID season, I have gone to work almost every day tearfully for several weeks!

When I had to face the searching questions of the management, for our under performance I felt even more disturbed. For several months there was no sign of recovery. It is not better as yet.

The work place is an assembly of many people. What decides the outcome of collective efforts is the consciousness of the purpose of being at a work place. 

Let me return to the flowers. They stay for short periods of time in the garden and draw the attention of the beholding eyes. The presence in full colour and aroma is what makes a beholder take note of the flowers. 

The work we do would be known by its quality mark, which is why people feel drawn towards a work place seeking to be served!

I have pursued to help each other to work with friendliness and mindfulness towards each other and make the work as a witness to our calling. It is here I feel that more effort is needed to make it as a habit at work.

Most flowers in the garden have dew on them! That is my consolation. What is humanly difficult would receive a touch of grace that would restore and renew. 

The work place is akin to a garden, where each person with his or her fullness and colourfulness can make it a place of abundance in self giving!

That is what I wait for !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment