20 March, 2021

Shoots and Buds!

 



The spring leaves and the buds are plenty in the rose bushes.

This is the season for the rose bushes to be at their best. 

A family who visited me yesterday told me that, a telephone call they received form my work place when they were down with COVID 19 meant a lot to them. 

Make the difficult times a spring time by acts of thoughtfulness and goodwill. This is a lesson that comes to me again and again. 

The three telephone calls I received yesterday, brought a new ambience within me because they were messages of kindness. 

I took a bunch of banana yesterday to sell in a shop. I met the shop keeper for the first time. He is elderly and needed a walking aid. In a conversation, when I enquired about his background he told me that not many people want to know about his background. There were sorrowful experiences which people were not comfortable to hear. 

During that ten minutes, I discovered a person who turned his sorrow into service. His is a provision shop for people who live in two streets. I could see some coming to greet him and go on. 

They came for him not just for the goods he sells. What an influence of kindness he would have brought to others through his kind ways.

That was message for me as I was on way to my work place! In a turbulent atmosphere at work place, I wondered how I can be present with kindness in thought and deed! 

I take that as a calling to live with!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment