08 March, 2021

Birds in a marshy field




 

Two different species of Heron, one Ibis, and a white breasted water hen were the birds I found during my morning walk, in the marshy field next to our garden.

I kept watching them for a while at sunrise and found each of them food hunting. 

They live from the provisions they find in the marshy land. 

I have been heavy of heart following some difficulties at work place on Saturday. It was good to see these birds and feel that they too find their daily bread!

In the recent few weeks, I felt depleted of energy to carry on as the post covid situation is a challenge in more than one way to readjust to. 

Although it is not a reason to give up, there is enough pressure to adjust to and find a way forward. I find it difficult and disturbing. 

It was an inspiration to watch these birds finding enough for them to feed on from the field!

I felt resurgence of hope within!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment