17 March, 2021

The search path!



It is a daily sight in our courtyard of a Magpie Robin and a Red whiskered Bulbul hop between flower pots in search of its feed!

Searching is an instinct. We are not satisfied till we find what we are looking for!

It is often a solitary effort when what we are searching for is based on a personal prospective. 

For the last eight years I have been on a search to explore if professionals can have a common purpose of making the work place come alive with innovation, new horizons to pursue and trustful relationship and make it work.  

What seems to work is a hierarchy of supervised work output and not a relational leadership where each professional finds the other as a complement to augment the output. 

Every model I pursued other than which works on the 'fear' of consequences if the quantum of work output fails, did not go forward. I have suffered the consequences with the leadership of the institution holding me guilty for under performance.

What are the birds searching for! Daily bread!

I wish we as professionals find our work as our bread! Bread meets our bodily needs. Work ought to look after our intellectual, emotional, and relational needs.  

If so we would pursue work as our calling and stay diligent in order that we grow while we work and enlarge the lives of others whom we could bless them with our work!

If we do not work, we cease to grow. If we are are lazy or laid back at work, we despise or underuse our skills which is a harming attitude toward ourselves. 

We work not because we are supervised but because our nature is to work. Jesus of Nazareth said, ' I work because my Father works..'

I have made this conversational issue at my work place for a few years now. I still feel that the full impact of this consciousness still evades us!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment