16 March, 2021

An evergreen plant on my table at work place looked downcast and threatened to wither away when I returned to work after the week end.

I bathed it in water and by the afternoon it had regained its elegant and fresh look as seen  in the second photo below. 


 This contrasting sight has remained with me through the day. 

There were eleven children who had coded to visit me during the day with their Neuro-developmental needs. Each of them had a withered story of development and the parents were awfully disturbed about the slow progress they were making in spite of their diligent efforts.

One family had a sorrowful story to narrate as both their children are neuro-developmentallyt challenged. This is perhaps the fiftieth family I am coming across with more than one child developmentally challenged in the family during the last one year. I came across seven families where both twins are neuro-developmentally disadvantaged. I wish I had kept a diary of all of them.

Coming back to the plant, I feel it was saved on time. When a colleague pointed out to me that the plant was drooping, I feared whether it was a symbol of some significance to me. 

I have been in an intense struggle with some serious matters at my work place and I was going under the pressure of having to come to terms with some lapses on my part. I had delayed the corrective action. 

I felt that the work committed to me lacked my full attention. But I also felt glad that the plant could be revived on time. 

I felt inspired by the recovery of this plant. 

I hope it is a sign of some recovery of the work place which is through a difficult phase!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo) 


No comments:

Post a Comment