24 March, 2021

Protected on arrival!


I was fascinated by the sight of the foliage around the flowers of this Cashew tree in our garden! 

I remembered stories of children who feel exposed and less protected by the adverse circumstances. 

Seeing a four months old child crying incessantly made me aware of the anxiety that the child is suffering from!

I was not sure if the parents were aware of the stress that is causing this anxiety state in that child. A child feel protected when all that we do is to care and affirm a child. When we live preoccupied with many concerns and demands, the child receives less than our full attention and presence. A mother told me that the child feels comforted when the grandmother carries the child!

I wish there is greater parenting education about the needs of an infant on arrival. The experiences of the first three months of a baby would influence the later behaviour of the baby during infancy!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment