08 March, 2021

At the edge, alone and silent!


 I watched this black Drongo at the edge of a dry branch alone and silent for twenty minutes!

Another black Drongo joined this bird at the end of this time.


They were together looking at each other for about five minutes. Their look appeared beholding and engaging. 

But the first Drongo flew away to my surprise!


This scene returned to me a few times yesterday.

I have been through a difficult phase at work place for the last two years or so. I felt lonely and  alone at work place. Every step I took forward led to only to derailment. 

I have been considering whether it is time to bid farewell to the present engagement!

As I watched this bird fly away, I felt that having stayed at the edge alone and silent for a while now, has the time come to fly away to a destination ahead!

There are times when there is a life and time for presence in a particular situation! I have remained confused for almost two years now! 


I noticed the second Drongo looking in the direction of the other Drongo flying away! It had a feeble bird song between its beaks. 

Was it a reminder to me that I would dislocate the work situation, if I were to leave now!

This week is likely to be crucial. I feel suffocated and almost purposeless. I do not see a future beyond the elementary or routine that is currently going on!

So it is a time to pause and ponder!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment