14 March, 2021

Sunday collection!







A Bulbul, jack fruits, an overflying aircraft, Drongo, dragon fly, and Easter Lillies were some of the photos I was able to take this morning. 

The bulbul was one of the pair in a bush in front of our cottage.

The jackfruits are in a tree of sixty years history, giving a rich collection each year.

The Quatar air craft was flying high silently in the morning. It looked different form a passenger air craft.

The racket titled Drongo was perched in its favourite site in a pensive mood. It was not singing 

The dragon fly was near the well in the grass.

The Lillies are in the courtyard, the first flowers after they were transplanted by Anna a few weeks ago. 

What touched me about these photos is the stories associated with each of them, since I started taking photos about thirty-five years ago. 

I have only marginally improved in the technique of taking photos; but photos have become story tellers to me.

 Let me share the associated with Lillies.

Anna having been fond of Lillies, transplanted the plants from pot into ten pots. Now each of the pot is in a flowering stage. This is a story of foreseeing and planning. Anna wanted to have the front part of the garden with Lillies at the edge. She would visit the pots  each morning and water them usually before sun light falls on them. It is her time of meditating and quiet prayer. When I get ready to leave home around 7.30 am she is still in the garden. For her the environment is an extension of the home. The kitchen garden is another special interest she developed in the recent years. Her expression of interest is a message to me. Planting alone is not enough, but nurturing them is even more important. 

As I go through the mess at my work place, Anna's example of nurturing what she planted is a message of considerable significance to me. 

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment