26 March, 2020

Coffee blossoms!


Every time I watch the coffee plants in our garden blossom, my memory goes back to the days when they were planted by my parents. They are fond of coffee as a drink and coffee powder was not freely available in the market in the early sixties. They collected the seeds, dried them and de-shelled them. They roasted the seeds and hand pounded them to make the coffee powder. The five coffee plants have a history of forty years and they still blossom and give coffee seeds.

Memories of my mother roasting the coffee seeds and cashew nuts are fresh in my mind!

It is now about thirty years, since Anna and I grind the coffee seeds at home and brew our coffee!

Every day when I grind the coffee seeds in the morning, memories of the early days come back to me.

The habit of remembering and growing in gratefulness is a good activity which help to stay connected with our past and the present!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment