29 March, 2020

Birds in our garden this morning!









Just a few birds, I could capture at the golden hour in the morning!

Globally we face an existential threat due to coronal virus infection! The threat to our existence is in the air. Around thirty thousand of our companions have left us!

When I saw the Magpie Robin singing sitting at the edge of a coconut pal leaf, I was reminded of the song that gave a triumphant call at the time of civil rights movement in the USA by Martin Luther King Jr.
             
         'We shall overcome some day, oh, deep in my heart I do believe, we shall overcome some day
          We will walk hand in hand...
          Truth will make us free......
          We are not afraid today, oh, deep in my heart I do believe, we shall overcome some day,
          We shall overcome some day...'

Bill Gates in 2015 in his address to his nation, referring to the 1918 influenza epidemic, which killed millions had suggested that the next devastation would not be because of war, but because of  a viral pandemic.

So here we are, in the thick of it, with about 40 or so initiatives globally to create a vaccine.

There were four pigeons in our garden this morning...each announcing peace!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment