03 August, 2018

Shades of green !



 I watched the cricket game form  distance for a while to discover that the trees around the meadow have different shades of green! It caught my attention. During the rest of the cross country walk during that day, I kept watching this phenomenon i nature! There were at least ten shades of grey I noticed even in this site! The colourfulness of the trees is produced by the spectrum of green!

Just as every tree has its shade of green, Humans too have their differing opinions, thoughts, attitudes and behaviour!

What disturbs me and what I have not been used to when I was growing up is the legitimisation of anger, hate, lies and violence in personal and corporate behaviour!

I was born a year after India got its independence! It was the post Mahatma Gandhi era, where tolerance and non-violence  received full attention as the way of life!

Now trivial things are enough for humans to be provoked at each other! 

I wish we would receive our differences as normal and not threatening for co-existence!

There are enough reasons for us to be united in our purpose. It is a world where suffering, alienation and poverty still disempower many! 

Our differences are the normal spectrum of humanity!

M.C.Mathew(text nad photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment