04 September, 2022

The light creates art forms!

 






As the sun was rising in the east and the light rays were falling on the top of a tree, I noticed a Bulbul perched against the dark background of a coconut palm. The above photographs are some of them.

The light has the ability to reveal what cannot be seen. How true it is in our understanding of different matters over which we sometimes into adversarial dialogue. we are differently oriented to the light that reveals. With little light we see in. limited way. With more light we see better. When light is abundant, then the clarity incomplete. 

This is an issue that needs considerable attention. 

Almost all the times, the disputes and quarrels are caused between people who see less and more. If all of us learn can be open to have the light information guide us, we move from our limited perception to an enlighten position. 

I would not know enough about this Bulbul unless I saw its whole body in light.

To be in light means alertness to see from 360 degrees to have the whole picture. 

Yesterday, while buying bread, I looked for its manufacturing date on the wrapper. It was printed in dots corresponding to the day of the week. If it had three dots, it was manufactured on Wednesday and a bread loaf is fresh enough for three days since then. I did not know about it till the shop keeper shoed me this. It looked complicated to me.

When I noticed a low battery signal in the dash board with the sign of the remote starter, I suspected that the battery in the remote ought to be changed. But I had to confirm it by referring to the manual of the car or asking the service station mechanic who handles this brand of car. 

In a fast changing world, to know is the first step before we form our opinions. 

I live in a culture presently where I sense that people are forthcoming with opinions on issues which are even technical. 

I wish we would not stay in the dark at least about issues about which we ought to have more information. To know partially might be the start and the journey ought to be towards knowing to be authentic. 


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment