29 September, 2022

Looking out for the night shelter of birds!



I set out when it is still dark on some days to move around in our garden to find the night shelter of some birds frequently spotted in our garden. 

I spotted a Barbet and felt good for getting it photographed amidst the poor light conditions. It was when I downloaded it from the camera, I realised that its pair also was perched in the next branch, whose body was visible partly in the frame. 

For better visibility I edited the photo. The original was too dark only with  faint outline of the birds.

Some bushes are night shelters for some birds. I remember  watching or hearing some bird movements at dusk and at down around some trees and  bushes in our garden. 

In my curiosity I went under a small mango tree in the late evening and played some bird calls. There was a reciprocal response. That was when I suspected that some trees are regular night shelters for some birds.  Now that I find them in pairs, this investigative journey becomes even more interesting. I need to get some introduction to night photography to become near to  birds at night. 

I know that birds do sleep during the from the photos I captured of a few scenes. Now the interest is turning to spot them sleep at night!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment