03 September, 2022

In the garden of life!


 
Yesterday, I received a terrible news of a father of a child, who visits us for his neuro-developmental needs,  contemplating to end his life over loosing his job. He was rescued at the last minute. He on account of multiple health related needs had to abstain from work and that caused him to feel estranged from his employer. There are other reasons, the main being  the economic distress. He had defaulted in paying a bank loan taken to build his house on account of which he suffers penalty from the bank. 

As I spotted the rose flower in the garden in the second photo in this blog, I noticed it to be drooping. To droop means that weight of the flower is too much on the stem.

I feel moved while thinking of those whom I meet in my work setting, who feel heavy by the burdens that have come upon them.  

I felt absorbed by the tinnitus in my ear and have felt disturbed. How terrible it would be for people if they feel overcome by the burdens and are left with no options ahead of them. 

The option to live to endure is not option for some. 

I remembered situations of distress that I encounter in my involvements with people. Beyond listening and feeling with them, some practical steps are needed to support those in distress. Some distressing situations are so deeply entrenched in multiple ways that a way forward is not easy.

This is one situation where collaboration would be needed to rescue people from the peril awaiting them. 

This to me would be a way of living mindfully of others!

A friendly family yesterday offered a gift spontaneously to the department  for helping a needy family. 

There are Good Samaritans amidst us. That is worth celebrating!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment