21 September, 2022

A Bulbul's presence!



I notice a Bulbul almost every morning in the same flight station in the black upper creeper in the courtyard! I cannot make out whether it is the same Bulbul! 

The message is that some birds deliberately choose to be near human habitations.  

It is the bird call that alerts me of its presence. 

The gift of presence!

It has led me to think on the theme of how I can be a gift through my presence to others around me!

How can I become a gift through my presence to the person I talk to, pass by or greet! It is the graceful look, gentle smile, words of cheer, affirming attitude, thoughtful conversation, courteous behaviour, etc which shall make the presence a gift!

To be so is still a journey for me!

The Bulbul through its presence awakened me to ponder over this. Bird's behaviour can lead us to reflect on our own behaviour!

M.C. Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment