25 September, 2022

Sunday morning visitors!





I was delighted to find some birds this morning in and around our garden .

Of all the birds, it was the tree pie who was the nearest and kept looking at the lens while I was clicking. Its friendliness captured my attention. It changed its posture to favour me to get a close up of its beautiful eyes. 

If a bird were to feel comfortable in a person's presence, the signal it receives from the behaviour of the person is friendliness, to which the bird normally reciprocates. 

How grateful we ought to feel about birds because of their presence around human habitations to befriend us. I remember an avid bird watcher telling me that some birds come searching for him in the morning. They feed and drink from the feeding corner in the courtyard before they fly away to other flight stations. 

I wait for that to happen to us in our feeding corner!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment