01 October, 2022

A Tree Pie at dawn!










A Tree Pie spent about half an hour on a coconut palm, moving from one place to another! I found it interesting to notice the changing complexion of its body plumage as the sun rays brightened the coconut palm.  

Yesterday when I spent sometime in the garden, I got a sense of the changing hues of colour in nature with sun slowly rising in the east! Those changing appearance of leaves brought a sense of the several wonders taking place in nature each day!

A stanza of the Hymn, 'O Lord my God, When I awesome wonder..' came to my mind, 

'When through the woods and forest glades, I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees
When I look down from a lofty mountain grandeur,
And her the broke, and feel the gentle breeze;

Then sings my soul...'

The hues of colours of the Tree pie changed because of the sunshine.

This to me is the sunshine of God. 

We receive the sunshine of God through times of reading the Scripture, meditation and silent times following that!

Yesterday a family told me that they found that their three year old child was developmentally delayed only when they went for medical examination to get a visa to go overseas. How much of darkness resides with parents when they do not recognise the developmental delay of their children !

I find the preoccupation for material pursuits alarming. Five of the ten families who visited had their children staying with grandparents because parents are occupied with work! Some of then work in double shifts to earn extra income! Children are not in the orbit of consciousness of some parents. 

Some live dangerously with skewed pursuits. 

It was therefore refreshing to watch the Tree pie becoming adorable as the sunshine fell on it! Many parents need the sunshine of God for them to adore and regard their children that their pursuits would have a larger space for investing in the lives of their children!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment