17 October, 2022

Beyond a habit!


I saw this farmer walking with footwear in his hand!

Either the strap of the footwear broke or he found it easier to walk on the uneven ground without the foot wear!

Our feet give us stability on the ground. Sometimes the footwear comes in between denying that stability. 

It appeared to me as a contrasting position. The foot wear is supposed to give better grip and foothold. 

That took me on a journey to look at the habits I develop. I have been used to a cup of coffee early in the morning for forty years now. Since experiencing tinnitus in my ear, I was required to give up coffee and tea. I used to get different coffee seeds from different regions in India and overseas to make coffee.What was considered as a routine and a ritual is no more tenable. Some habits would need revision to be practical. 

Our habits can make us remain stuck. Anna has been looking at herbal tea which are free of any adverse effects on tinnitus. 

Our habits need revision!

During my school years most children did not wear any footwear to school. I also did not till I  went to college. Now people use footwear even inside the house. It is unthinkable to think of walking out of house without footwear. A habit that was formed by change in attitudes in life style! Now the foot wear industry create fashion designs which entice us to have several pairs of footwear in our collection. We get influenced by the fashion designs to have footwear known for as status symbol!

This farmer removed his footwear! It symbolised to me that a habit can also be set aside when necessary!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)






No comments:

Post a Comment