31 October, 2022

Finding water !


I had completed all the tests including MRI brain for investigating for tinnitus in one ear. It was the next day, I spotted these two red-wattled Lapwing birds in the field. They were at least three hundred meters away. One of the birds drinking from a small pool of water refreshed and quietened my soul, which had stayed troubled for a few days, ever since the tinnitus first appeared. 

Tinnitus being a condition which can develop into hearing loss caused episodic turbulence within me. I took three days to rest and connect with my anxious and wandering thoughts. But I felt swayed towards anxiety because I live with a condition for which there is no radical cure. 

It was in that background of inner turmoil, I watched this bird drink from a small pool of water. It came upon me as a message of comfort! 

A bird finds still water for quenching its thirst!

Humans too have a source from whom we can receive 'water which shall not make us thirst again'. It was this Jesus of Nazareth announced, 'Come to me all those who are weary and heavy laden..' This experience is most refreshing because living without being overcome by anxiety is what Jesus opened before any one who is at his or her wits end.  

I walked back home little lighter and it is now three days since this happened. I slept better and got up feeling ready for each day! I know that my thoughts can still drag me to feel anxious. That is when I hope another imagery would be given to hold me anchored!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment