12 June, 2022

The largeness in the small!



I watched the bud in this rose bush for a week and what appeared when it opened fully was beyond my expectation or imagination!

Such a large flower from a small bud !

It came home to be as a lesson to value the potential of small events, happenings, and experiences in our lives. 

A child of three years took my knee hammer from my bag and started tapping on my knees! As I waited for the child to proceed, he went through tapping all the sites I do on his body when he comes for a visit to elicit deep tendon reflexes! 

His mother sat beside him surprised and jubilant! 'Does he remember all these from the last visit which was five months ago', She asked me! Yes he might have a dysmorphic syndrome, but that does not diminish some of his abilities. 

It was following this encounter with his abilities, his mother became proactive to do a lot more for him rather than just leave him in the day care when she and her husband went to work!

The family returned last week for another visit, during which time I found this child communicative and more observant!

A lot resides in small things that we ignore or do not give sufficient importance to!

Small is not only beautiful, but also is abundant in its potential!

I wish I grow further in observing small events and experiences and find the larger meaning in them to mould my formative process! 

As I grow older, I have a sense of getting reduced in abilities and skills sooner or later. What I might be left with, would be few memories and skills! I am to be content and comfortable because in those little that would be left with, there is potential of abundance!

This flower which I kept in the vase after one week in its stalk, remained fresh for another one week!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment