02 June, 2022

Lost and found!

 


As I bid farewell to May 2022, one experience  would stay with me for a while! 

I went to the ATM last week to withdraw money. I kept searching for the ATM card in my wallet, but it was missing. That is when I remembered that I might have left the card in the machine when I last withdrew money a few days back. 

I used  the ATM in the Medical College campus to withdrew money the last time. It was nearing 7 pm by then. I called Femy, a colleague who stays in the college campus to check if a ATM card was anywhere in the ATM machine cabin. Femy called back to say in few minutes that the card was found on the top of the machine. It surprised me beyond measure that the card could be rescued after four days! 

Yes, I realised that the the machine used to flash after the delivery of the cash as a signal to take the card from the machine. But with the new system of flashing before the cash is delivered, I would have focussed on collecting the money and forgot about collecting the card. A serious lapse on my part! 

But the story is still intriguing to me. Because it happened for the first time in 25 years ever since I was using a card to withdraw money. 

The surprise is that the card could be found! I remember gratefully all those who decided to leave it there and not take it away! 

There is abundance of trustful behaviour in our midst. Most people care enough to practice honesty!

I was glad that Femy helped in finding the lost card!

M.C.Mathew


No comments:

Post a Comment