08 June, 2022

Th intensity of darkness and light!


This sunset view from our garden on a rainy day held my attention for a while. The intensity of darkness and light!

The darkness was obvious. What made the darkness to stand out is the light! The contrast is what held my attention. 

The intense light in the centre marginalised the darkness. 

That awareness helped me to travel inside! What is at the centre of my being! Is it darkness of grief, disappointment, suspicion or intolerance! Or is it light of caring, giving, forgiving or charity!

As I spent reflecting on this theme, I realised that I have a  long journey ahead of me!

A friend who was silent for four years, reached out to me recently to share the reason why he was cautious to reach out to me! In that conversation few things surfaced that revealed my blind spots in perception. 

The darkness within needs enlightenment. Openness to hear, listen and discern would be the means to marginalise the darkness and bring them under he purview of the  of the light with which we are called to live! It is by enlarging the intensity and spread of light in our inner space, we can be a light that can marginalises the darkness with which others live!

The first step towards this journey of marginalising the darkness within is to acknowledge that darkness resides within us because of which we live hostile to ourselves and others. 

Th light within can enlarge to diffuse the darkness!

This the path towards revising the way we live and relate!

M.C.Mathew(text and phot)
 

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant interpretation of a message from the universe that can only be heard and understood by a thinker but remains deaf and blind to many others.

    ReplyDelete