13 June, 2022

Beyond the cloud!





While it was evening and threatening to rain, a bird was perched in a tree in our courtyard and our grandchildren were engaged in playing with bubbles!

The lightning and thundering did not interrupt the bird or children!

It is this which stayed on with me while I was retiring! I feel prone to be disturbed by small events! I wonder whether ageing is one factor! I realise that one has to be socially alive to participate in the events around! 

I live with this challenge- how much can I go beyond myself! When aches and pain set in and some limitations come upon us, do we give into live a reduced life! Or do we access new avenues to live in the joy of all that is alive and vibrant around us!

The bird was singing most of that time. Children were jubilant chasing the bubbles. The cloudy weather did not stop them from being themselves!

I slept with these thoughts in my mind!

The life within sets the thermostat for our wellness. 

How to nurture the life within when bodily limitations set in! In another message from Dr William Cutting yesterday, who is looking after his wife following a surgery, who herself has other health related challenges, shared in his message, that hope and confidence make him adjust to the circumstance.

Life is meant to be abundant in spirit and hope!

I have a long journey of transition into this way of living!

The invitation of seeing beyond the cloud was a message from the singing bird and the playful children!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment