09 June, 2023

At day break!






I found this crested pigeon on its morning walk on a pedestrian path! It was walking and looking for crumbs of food it can find! 

This sight held my attention and I walked behind at a distance, to trace its movements along the path. 

The pigeon flew away when it noticed a morning runner on the path coming towards it.

A pigeon when on the ground, has to face such interruptions for its movements. An interruption may not be a denial of its rights to be on the foot path, but only a casual event not meant to be  taken as targeting towards it. 

I have had some experiences in the recent months that reminded me of how events around us are to be seen in this light! When I face a difficult situation, I have a tendency to feel let down and take time to recover from it. 

Instead, what I saw in this pigeon was an approach of ease and comfort when its presence on the foot path was interrupted by a runner. It flew away knowing that it can be elsewhere and look for food!

This sounded to me as a wise approach!

Staying feeling threatened or defeated at best can be a transient experience! There is freedom to live and explore when one is ready to move out to less occupied space, where one can find purpose and opportunity!

It is important to avoid feeling displaced but feel enabled to move on through what has come upon us!

For me,  this consciousness is an important attitude that I hope can be my normal response, when interruptions occur while on a path in life!

To be free to move away to another terrain or path is an attitude worth cultivating! What we are made to vacate might not be needed anymore; what is ahead is likely to be relevant at that season of life!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment